Prunella vulgaris - Common Self-Heal - Perennial wildflower
If you love bumblebees, you’ll love this plant. Very common meadow species that grows quickly and persists for many years. More compact than most natives, it is easily squeezed into small spaces. Attractive to many native bees, but especially bumblebees.
- Height: 12"-18"
- Width: 6"-12"
- Canopy layer: groundcover
- Light requirements: full sun to part shade
- Moisture requirements: dry to moist soil
Seed Packets Contain: approx 300 seeds
Seed Sowing instructions: Can be fall, spring, or summer sown. Fall sown seed may not bloom the following spring. Spring and summer sown seed will likely bloom the following spring. Fall sown seed may not germinate until temperatures warm in the spring.
Planting depth: surface to shallow
- Broadcasting: approx 60 seeds/sq ft.
- Small pots: a small “pinch” per pot
- Spots in situ: a small “pinch” per spot
Photo credit: Willamette Wildlings