Community Partnership Program
Earn Up to $5,000 for Your Cause!
Sparrowhawk's model is based on the idea that we all get further by sharing resources. Each season, we partner with community organizations to host our pop-ups, spread the word, and recruit volunteers in exchange for a percent of the proceeds. In 2021, we expect to give back over $25,000 to community partners.
We're actively recruiting partners for 2022! Want to learn more? Check out the partnership details below. Then, start the conversation by completing our "Partner Interest Form" (link at bottom of page) and we'll follow-up with you directly.
~ Plants for the Planet, Proceeds for the Community ~
- Educational and secure website for ordering plants: https://sparrowhawknativeplants.com/
- Publicity Lead: we publicize widely across multiple platforms (i.e. 3000+ email list, 1500+ social media followers) and provide a comprehensive marketing toolkit for partners to use.
- Volunteer Support: we provide a toolkit of resources to support partners as they recruit event volunteers including; a fillable volunteer schedule, descriptions of roles, skills/experience, and shifts needed, and example email text for partners to use in recruitment, scheduling and follow-up communications
- Native Plants and Plant Expertise: neonic-free, sourced from reputable, independent businesses, all-season plant identification and expertise in how plant species function in residential, commercial and parks/natural area landscapes
- Health and Safety Lead: we provide and enforce safe event layout, customer flow and protocols for social distancing, gloves/mask-use, and sanitizing of event space.
- Insurance: upon request, Sparrowhawk can provide certificate of liability insurance with coverage of $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Event Coordination and Logistics: 10+ years experience running large plant sales, in 2020 we supplied nearly 30,000 plants to 1800+ gardeners
- Overnight Security: Onsite security guard ensures plant inventory stays safe overnight
- Fundraising Give-back to Partners: up to $5,000 available to partners. Details HERE (note - this worksheet is for 2022).
Community Partner Provides:
- Staffing/Volunteers: for plant sorting and labeling, and event days; approx 32 four-hour volunteer shifts across three days; includes recruitment, scheduling, coordination and communication (Sparrowhawk supports, see above)
- Publicity Support: Spread the word about sales through partner's community and marketing channels. Sparrowhawk will provide checklist of items to complete, including but not limited to social media, e-newsletters, blogs, fliers, events, website, etc.
- Wheelbarrows/Garden Carts: Supply 8 fully-functioning wheelbarrows or large garden carts for three day event.
- Location (optional but preferred): Supply large outdoor space (i.e. paved parking lot) for Thursday - Saturday event (spring events occur in April, fall events occur in Oct). Suitable locations include; equivalent of 20 parking spaces and aisles for plant set-up, 20 parking spaces for customer parking, 10 parking spaces for staff/volunteers and access to outdoor water spigot/hose and approval to use infrequently during the event if needed. Street parking may be considered for customer/staff parking if safe, easy and close.