COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Sparrowhawk takes the health and safety of our customers, staff, and community partners extremely seriously. It is all of our responsibility to stop the spread of COVID-19. The following protocols are updated as we learn new information and the public health situation evolves locally.
With these measures in place, we can continue sharing the benefits of getting important habitat plants into your yards and neighborhoods, while contributing to a great cause - which feels more important now than ever before.
Questions or comments? Let's talk! email@example.com
FOR EVERYONE (staff, volunteers, customers)
- Each customer will select a pick-up date and 30min time slot when placing their order online. This ensures a safe, consistent flow of traffic on pick-up days. There will be up to 30 people onsite (customers, volunteers, staff) at any time.
- The pick-ups will be held in large, outdoor parking lots where people can easily disperse and maintain social distancing. All customers, staff and volunteers are required to respect each others' 6ft+ of space at all times. This protocol will be strictly enforced.
- Everyone onsite (customers, staff, volunteers, etc) is required to wear a facial mask at all times. We will have a limited supply of extras in case you forget!
- Upon arrival, grab a sanitized cart or wheelbarrow and move safely along a one-way path to retrieve their plants.
- After all plants are retrieved, Sparrowhawk staff will perform a socially-distanced double-check to ensure the order is accurate.
- Once double-checked, you're free to self-load your plants, return the cart/wheelbarrow promptly for sanitization. Happy planting!
- All surfaces and shared materials will be disinfected at the start and end of each day and between shifts.
- There will be a hand-washing station with sanitary paper towels onsite for volunteers, staff, and customers. Hand sanitizer will be available as well.
FOR STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS
- Staff and volunteers are required to bring their own gardening gloves and to wear them throughout the entire shift. In the event you forget gardening gloves, we'll have a limited number of extras to borrow. Borrowed gloves will be placed in a "dirty" bin immediately after use and washed in hot water and bleach that night.
- Upon arrival, staff and volunteers will leave all personal items in their car (except water bottles). Then they will receive a training in the health and safety protocols.