Creeping Miterwort is a lovely addition to a moist woodland garden. 1-2” maple shaped leaves create a green groundcover with 6-12” stems producing unique tiny flowers.
- Plant type/canopy layer: perennial herbaceous plant/ground layer
- Size at maturity: 2-6’ leaves, 6-12’ flower stems
- Light requirements: full shade, part sun / part shade
- Moisture requirements: moist to wet soil
- Bloom Time: April to June
- Growth rate/ease: medium, requires rich, moist soil
- Native habitat/range: Shady woods, wet meadows and swamps, low to mid-elevations from British Columbia to NW California. Portland Plant List - yes.
Gardening with Creeping Miterwort: Add to your moist, shady woodland garden amongst friends like ferns, inside-out flowers, and bleeding hearts and maybe a mossy log or two. Enjoy the stunning-in-miniature flowers that appear along the tall stems, great for a camera close-up.